Mitchell E. Radin is a well-known attorney in the trademark field with over twenty-five years’ experience representing global businesses and entrepreneurs in intellectual property matters, including trademark and copyright counseling and planning, trademark management and prosecution, commercial transactions and licensing, and litigation and dispute resolution. Mr. Radin’s experience includes serving as in-house Trademark Counsel for a large multi-national corporation whose products included pharmaceuticals, health care products, and confectionery products. Following his graduation from Yale Law School, he clerked for United States District Court Judge Stanley S. Brotman (District of New Jersey).
Mr. Radin represents U.S. and internationally-based companies in a wide range of intellectual property areas, which include:
- Trademark selection, adoption, use, and registration.
- Dispute resolution, including litigation, in matters involving trademarks, trade dress, copyrights and designs.
- Commercial transactions involving the licensing, development, and sale of trademarks, copyrights, patents, technology, designs, and know-how.
- Commercial relationships between licensor-trademark owners and licensees, manufacturers, and other agents.
Mr. Radin presently is a Trustee and member of the Executive Council of the Visual Art Center of New Jersey. His other professional leadership activities include:
- Active participant in the American Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, and Licensing Industry Merchandising Association (LIMA).
- Frequent speaker and author on trademarks and licensing.
- His article “Disclaimers as a Remedy for Trademark Infringement: Inadequacies and Alternatives,” published in The Trademark Reporter, was relied upon by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in Home Box Office v. Showtime/The Movie Channel, 832 F.2d 1311, 1315-16.
Honors and Awards
- New York State
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York