Restaurant & Hospitality
Collen regularly advises clients in the restaurant, vineyard, beverage, and staple food industries.
We understand that these clients need a strategic approach to their legal advice because of the specific regulatory issues in each industry. We are also sensitive to the needs of different size operations, understanding that local entities have very different needs from franchises. As such, we tailor our advice to meet the business needs of the particular client. In addition, we are a unique resource for our clients in monitoring pending and current legislation that is relevant to the industries we service. Areas like privacy, prize promotions, and social media constantly shift in their requirements for these industries. Our attorneys are up to date and know how changing regulations may affect business practices.
Our capabilities include:
- Brand protection, including trademark, copyright, and patent advice
- Advertising and marketing campaigns in the web 2.0 environment
- Social media policies and employee management
- Prize promotions with industry specific regulations
- Foursquare and other geolocation check-in campaigns
- Brand extension advice: product development and packaging
- Industry specific regulatory advice
- Data security practices and policy formation
- Trademark and domain name infringement litigation
- Unfair competition litigation
- Advice concerning legal concerns outside the United States